Share the podcast with your friends, and rate it 5-stars!
Google Podcasts: https://trainerroad.cc/google
Hannah’s Whole Enchilada FKT: https://youtu.be/oErEWLGdPlI
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE
- FKTs without a film crew are just KOMs
- Hannah’s Whole Enchilada FKT
- Stop spending money on your bike and just train more
- There’s nothing wrong with attacking in the feed zone
- If you stop at a gas station during an endurance ride, do you destroy all the benefits?
- Socks go under your leg warmers
- Fatter can be faster
- Training on the rollers is more effective than a static trainer
- Everyone would be a better athlete if they went to therapy
- We need a better metric for measuring fitness than w/kg or FTP
- There’s nothing wrong with wearing your bibs 6-8 times before washing them. Fine for me.
- Gravel tires with big lugs make no sense unless you’re riding very muddy roads
- Commuting in jeans to work on my ebike does not make me less of a person
- 1 hour in the weight room is worth more than 2 hours in base/Z1/Z2 riding.
- VO2 max workouts are better without a power meter.
- Aero bars don’t belong on bikes with knobby tires
- A good result in a crit is 90% luck.
- Body weight exercises are an acceptable substitution for traditional weight training.
- Watts per CdA is more important for most riders than w/kg
- Oversized pulley wheels are a waste of money
- Pidcock podiums the /23 TdF
- MTBrs are sad they aren’t the cool kids anymore. That’s why they low key hate on gravel
- Black mold in your bottle is where all the flavor is at
Watch our latest Cycling Science Explained video now!
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast below!
TRY TRAINERROAD RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS!
TrainerRoad is the #1 cycling training app. No other cycling app is more effective. Over 13,000 positive reviews, a 4.9 star App Store rating.
Adaptive Training from TrainerRoad uses machine learning and science-based coaching principles to continually assess your performance and intelligently adjust your training plan. It trains you as an individual and makes you a faster cyclist.
Learn more about TrainerRoad: https://trainerroad.cc/3LBb5Ur
Learn more about Adaptive Training: https://trainerroad.cc/35Tqtea
ABOUT THE ASK A CYCLING COACH PODCAST
Ask a Cycling Coach podcast is a cycling and triathlon training podcast. Each week USAC/USAT Level I certified coach Chad Timmerman, pro athletes, and other special guests answer your cycling and triathlon questions.
Have a question for the podcast? Ask here: https://trainerroad.cc/3HTFXNi
MORE PODCASTS FROM TRAINERROAD
Listen to the Successful Athletes Podcast: https://trainerroad.cc/3JmKrN5
Listen to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast: https://trainerroad.cc/3LpuIhP
STAY IN TOUCH
Training Blog: https://trainerroad.cc/3gCdNdN
TrainerRoad Forum: https://trainerroad.cc/3uHvLnE
Strava Club: https://www.strava.com/clubs/trainerroad