The Widow’s Mite

Redemption City Church - Fort Worth, TX

Mar 27 2023 • 27 mins

March 26, 2023
Pastor Matt Kendrick
The Widow’s Mite
Luke 21:1-4


The Bible gives us a very helpful framework through which we can view our possessions. It is a set of biblical principles that we must hold in tension. Now, any of these principles taken alone will take you out of balance, but holding them all in tension together will provide you with a biblically sound and balanced approach to your money and possessions.

Ditches to avoid when it comes to how Christians view their possessions and money:

  1. Ditch #1: God wants 10% of my money, and I can do whatever I want with the other 90%.
  2. Ditch #2: I can’t enjoy spending money, because I should have given this money to someone in need.

Biblical principles

  1. Jesus’ radical generosity toward us is a model for our radical generosity toward others.
  2. God gives some people more, so they can share with those who have less.
  3. God wants His people to enjoy what He’s given to them.
  4. Money cannot make anyone happy.
  5. It’s good to save money and build wealth.





Thank you for listening!
For more info on Redemption City Church check out our website.

If you'd like to connect with us further, please fill out a Connection Card and one of our staff will get in touch with you.

Follow us on on social media: Instagram, Facebook and YouTube

You Might Like

Osho Hindi
Osho Hindi
Mahant Govind Das Swami
Mahabharat
Mahabharat
Fever FM - HT Smartcast
Shiva - Narrated by Jackie Shroff
Shiva - Narrated by Jackie Shroff
Fever FM - HT Smartcast
Bhagavad Gita (English)
Bhagavad Gita (English)
Swami Adgadanand
The Ramayana Podcast
The Ramayana Podcast
Adithya Shourie
एकांतिक वार्तालाप
एकांतिक वार्तालाप
Shri Hit Premanand Govind Sharan Ji Maharaj
Joel Osteen Podcast
Joel Osteen Podcast
Joel Osteen, SiriusXM
Krishna Bhajans
Krishna Bhajans
Shemaroo Entertainment
Ramayan
Ramayan
Shrimad Valmiki