What we mean by art has changed in modern times -- and there has never been a better time to be an artist. Nishant Jain aka Sneaky Artist joins Amit Varma in episode 260 of The Seen and the Unseen to talk about his journey, and to share his insights on the creator economy.
Also check out:
1. The Sneaky Artist -- Nishant Jain's website.
2. The Sneaky Art Post -- Nishant Jain's newsletter.
3. The Sneaky Art Podcast on Apple and Spotify.
4. Nishant Jain on Twitter, Instagram and Linktree.
5. Earlier episodes of The Seen and the Unseen on the creator ecosystem with Roshan Abbas, Varun Duggirala, Neelesh Misra, Snehal Pradhan and Chuck Gopal.
6. The Story of Art -- EH Gombrich.
7. Population Is Not a Problem, but Our Greatest Strength -- Amit Varma.
8. The Time a Stiff Caught Fire — Keith Yates.
9. Random BOOMER Journalist Says WHAT About Paul Simon??? — Rick Beato’s magnificent rant.
10. Puneet Superstar interviewed on Dostcast.
11. Only Fans.
12. 1000 True Fans — Kevin Kelly.
13. 1000 True Fans? Try 100 — Li Jin.
14. XKCD -- Webcomic by Randall Munroe.
15. Objects Speak to Annapurna Garimella -- Episode 257 of The Seen and the Unseen.
16. Roam Research.
17. Zettelkasten on Wikipedia.
18. PG Wodehouse and Agatha Christie on Amazon.
19. Fixing Indian Education -- Episode 185 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Karthik Muralidharan).
20. Kashmir and Article 370 -- Episode 134 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Srinath Raghavan).
21. The Citizenship Battles -- Episode 152 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Srinath Raghavan).
22. The Importance of Being Earnest -- Nishant Jain.
23. Shantaram -- Gregory David Roberts.
24. Supermen of Malegaon.
25. The Existentialism of Tiny People -- Nishant Jain.
26. The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows.
27. A Meditation on Form -- Amit Varma.
28. Reddit Gets Drawn.
29. Imaginary Number -- Vijay Seshadri.
30. A path to infinity, and beyond -- Nishant Jain.
31. Art is for everyone -- Nishant Jain.
32. At The Existentialist Café -- Sarah Bakewell.
33. Levon Aronian interviewed by Sagar Shah.
34. After the End of Art -- Arthur Danto.
35. A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte -- Georges Seurat
36. Kya Surat Hai -- Bombay Vikings.
37. Fountain -- Marcel Duchamp.
38. The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci.
39. Cat's Cradle -- Kurt Vonnegut.
40. Who Broke Our Republic? — Episode 163 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Kapil Komireddi).
41. The Multitudes of Our Maharajahs -- Episode 244 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Manu Pillai).
42. The Life and Times of Abhinandan Sekhri -- Episode 254 of The Seen and the Unseen.
43. r/vancouver, r/mildlyinteresting and r/interestingasfuck.
44. Some Reddit posts by Nishant Jain: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
45. David Letterman and Bill Gates talk about the Internet.
46. Exhalation -- Ted Chiang.
47. Kurt Vonnegut on Amazon.
48. Catch 22 -- Joseph Heller.
49. V for Vendetta -- Alan Moore and David Lloyd.
50. Watchmen -- Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.
51. Alan Moore on Amazon.
52. Identity -- Francis Fukuyama.
53. The Anarchy -- William Dalrymple.
54. Dynasty: The Rise and Fall of the House of Caesar -- Tom Holland.
55. The Origins of Political Order -- Francis Fukuyama.
56. Political Order and Political Decay -- Francis Fukuyama.
57. Bluebird -- Charles Bukowsky.
Check out Amit’s online courses, The Art of Clear Writing and The Art of Podcasting.
And subscribe to The India Uncut Newsletter. It’s free!