There has never been a better time to be a creator -- but you need to be productive to make use of it! Deepak Gopalakrishnan aka Chuck Gopal joins Amit Varma in episode 258 of The Seen and the Unseen to talk about his journey, and to share his learnings on creation and productivity.
Also check out:
1. Earlier episodes of The Seen and the Unseen on the creator ecosystem with Roshan Abbas, Varun Duggirala, Neelesh Misra and Snehal Pradhan.
2. Chuck Gopal on Twitter, Instagram, LinkTree and his own website.
3. Chuck's podcasts: Simblified, The Origin of Things and Getting Meta.
4. Chuck's newsletter: Things of Internet.
5. Chuck on Spotify where he shares his playlists.
6. Agency Trash Talk -- Instagram account c-authored by Chuck that used cat pictures to make fun of advertising.
7. The Telegram Channel where Chuck and Berty Ashley share a song every day.
8. Chucks comics for Pagalguy.
9. Some of Chuck's writing on Music:
a) Making live-streamed concerts better
b) The therapy that is Blackstratblues
c) The story & evolution of Pink Floyd: A playlist
d) Underrated Tracks by Legendary Bands
e) Stream of consciousness: Dream Theater live!
10. Chuck's Medium post recommending podcasts and newsletters.
11. Chuck's legendary Twitter thread on freelancing.
12. Episode 1 of Getting Meta (w Amit Varma).
13. Episode 2 of Getting Meta (w Rohan Joshi).
14. Episode 4 of Getting Meta (w Utsav Mamoria).
15. The Beatles: Get Back.
16. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band -- The Beatles.
17. The Dark Side of the Moon -- Pink Floyd.
18. Steven Van Zandt: Springsteen, the death of rock and Van Morrison on Covid — Richard Purden.
19. Ne Obliviscaris on Spotify, Bandcamp, Instagram, Twitter, Wikipedia and Patreon.
20. Ongoing History of New Music -- Podcast by Alan Cross.
21. DivyaG's YouTube channel. (She's the Nepali graphic designer mentioned by Chuck).
22. Girl With The Dogs -- The YouTube channel of the pet groomer mentioned by Chuck).
23. Yesterday, the film.
24. Ed Sheeran on the Van Morrison influence on 'Thinking Out Loud'.
25. Dave Gilmour performs Sonnet 18.
26. Hip-Hop and Shakespeare -- Akala at TEDxAldeburgh.
27. The New Basement Tapes on Spotify.
28. Kansas City -- Marcus Mumford for The New Basement Tapes.
29. A Meditation on Form -- Amit Varma.
30. The Pocket Gods on Spotify. (This is the band Chuck mentioned that does songs just over 30 seconds.)
31. Video games have replaced music as the most important aspect of youth culture -- Sean Monahan.
33. How I Gained 1 MILLION Subscribers — Ali Abdaal.
34. My Top 10 Tips for Aspiring YouTubers — Ali Abdaal.
35. The Bugle.
36. Freakonomics Radio.
37. Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman.
38. Miss Excel on Instagram and TikTok.
39. How an Excel Tiktoker Manifested Her Way to Making Six Figures a Day -- Nilay Patel.
40. Galaxy Brain -- Charlie Warzen's newsletter.
41. The Life and Times of Abhinandan Sekhri -- Episode 254 of The Seen and the Unseen.
42. Persuasion -- Founded by Yascha Mounk.
43. Faye D'Souza on Instagram. And also on YouTube and Twitter.
44. A Scientist in the Kitchen -- Episode 204 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Krish Ashok).
45. Bad Thinking Requires Bad Writing -- Amit Varma.
46. An Adman Reflects on Society & the Self -- Episode 199 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ambi Parameswaran).
47. Blackstratblues and Zero on Spotify.
48. Anuva's Sky -- Blackstratblues.
49. Son of Bosey -- Anand Ramachandran.
50. Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure.
51. Marketing Management: A South Asian Perspective -- Philip Kotler, Abraham Koshy & others.
52. Louie -- Louis CK.
53. George Carlin at his website and on YouTube.
54. Zakir Khan on YouTube.
55. Gaurav Kapoor's vlog.
56. Star Boyz, with Kenny Sebastian, Naveen Richard and Mani Prasad.
57. Alchemy -- Rory Sutherland.
58. Irresistible -- Adam Alter.
59. How We Are Enslaved -- Amit Varma.
60. Disregard Work, Acquire Hobbies -- Krish Ashok's TEDx talk.
61. Roam Research.
62. Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World -- Fareed Zakaria.
63. Scott Galloway: No Mercy/No Malice, Pivot and The Prof G Pod.
64. Rest of World.
65. This is Your Brain on Music -- Daniel J Levitin.
66. Sum: Tales from the Afterlives -- David Eagleman.
67. The Complete Asterix Box set -- René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo.
68. Sapiens -- Yuval Noah Harari. (Also, the graphic adaptation: 1, 2.)
69. The Blank Slate -- Steven Pinker.
70. Cosmicomics -- Italo Calvino.
71. Narendra Shenoy and Mr Narendra Shenoy -- Episode 250 of The Seen and the Unseen.
Check out Amit’s online courses, The Art of Clear Writing and The Art of Podcasting.
And subscribe to The India Uncut Newsletter. It’s free!