Today I'm joined by Becca Piastrelli. In a time of deep loneliness, Becca holds space for women to explore ancestral wisdom, connect with the earth, and find a meaningful and inclusive community. She guides us to understanding true belonging - to each other, to the earth, to our lineage, and to ourselves. As the author of Root & Ritual: Timeless Ways to Connect with Land, Lineage, Community, and the Earth and host of the Belonging podcast, Becca supports us through the isolating effects of the modern world. Quite simply, she offers rituals, recipes, and ancestral wisdom as tangible pathways back to connection and wholeness. These pathways are mapped out in her debut book, where you can return to yourself as you access your intuition, tune in to your body, and awaken the wild woman within.
We talked about:
- Her new book: Root & Ritual: Timeless Ways to Connect with Land, Lineage, Community, and the Earth: what is it about, what made her wanna write this book
- Exploring why the current time we live in is called The Age of Loneliness and how loneliness can negatively impact us (and how it’s different from solitude): why is it called like that, how can loneliness impact us negatively
- Differentiate between being an introvert and wanting to be alone from loneliness, the difference from solitude
- What role does our ancestors play in our feeling of loneliness, how can we use their experience to help us
- The importance of bringing what’s sacred back into the mundane of our daily lives as a way to find meaning and support our mental health in this time of Pandemic
- How to support our mental health and well being in these pandemic and kind of post pandemic times without overwhelming ourselves
What excites you the most about your career today?
Becca's book: https://www.amazon.com/Root-Ritual-Timeless-Connect-Community/dp/1683647726
Becca's IG: https://www.instagram.com/beccapiastrelli/
My Point Of View on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mypointofview.podcast/
Music: Lukrembo https://soundcloud.com/lukrembo/