Today I'm joined by Tamar Samuels, co-founder ofCulina Health and Registered Dietician Nutritionist.
Her unique and holistic approach to healthcare integrates functional medicine, positive psychology, and behavioral change techniques pulled from her training in clinical nutrition and coaching science. Tamar has her Masters in Clinical Nutrition from New York University, and is a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach through the National Board of Medical Examiners. Her work in private practice includes treatment of disordered eating, stress management, PCOS and sustainable weight loss. Tamar is the co-founder of Culina Health with fellow RD Vanessa Rissetto.
We talked about:
- What made her wanna be a registered dietitian nutritionist and what's your fave thing and the most challenging thing about this job for you?
- What is Culina Health, and how did you go around creating it?
- What’s your favorite part about having a business and the most challenging or least favorite part?
- Stress eating, emotional eating, and binge eating: what are the differences between them, how can we figure out which is which, how can we go find help to fix these
- What if we see disorder eating in a friend, how can we help?
- How to shift our mindset into healthier behaviours: what are some tangible tips and things we can do to recover
- What are things we can do to not fall into those unhealthy habits again?
Tamar's IG: https://www.instagram.com/tamarsamuels.rd/
Culina's Health: https://culinahealth.com/
Follow me: https://www.instagram.com/mypointofview.podcast/
Music: Cheese, prod. by Lukrembo https://soundcloud.com/lukrembo/cheese