For the inaugural episode of Fast Forward, CPG Guy Bryan Gildenberg is joined by Leon Nicholas, Vice President of Insights and Retail Solutions at WestRock Company, a global leader in sustainable paper and packaging solutions.
This episode is sponsored by GoSpotCheck by Form – the leading provider of mobile market execution software.
Follow Leon Nicholas on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leon-nicholas-a06565/
Follow WestRock Company on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/westrockcompany/
Follow WestRock Company online at: https://www.westrock.com/
Follow GoSpotCheck by Form on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/gospotcheck/
Follow GoSpotCheck by Form online at: https://www.gospotcheck.com/
Leon answers these questions:
1) How did you get to be the head of Retail Insights and Solutions at Westrock?
2) So, if I had to ask you to classify the evolution or future of in-store merchandising, how would you break it down? How does the display of the future look different than it does today?
3) Talk about the evolution up the supply chain in terms of how things get to the store. What are some of the important trends there?
4) What’s happening in terms of more easily readable/scannable packaging?
5) How are retailers using packaging to solve eCommerce profitability/operational issues? Increasingly, the conversation in eCommerce is about how to package-enable robotic technology – what’s happening there?
6) What impact do you think retail media will have on how West Rock works with its clients? Does a media enabled store need to work differently?
7) Do you think ESG/sustainability goals are moving from a “nice to have” in the joint business plan to a “must have”? How does this change the packaging conversation?
8) What didn’t we talk about that we should have?
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGguys.com
FMCG Guys Website: http://FMCGguys.com
CPG Scoop Website: http://CPGscoop.com
NextUp Website: http://nextupisnow.org/cpgguys
RetailWit Website: http://retailwit.com
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.