Today, we will have Monica Munir, an Army Veteran and the Founder of Veterans Transition Services of America. Let's hear her advocacy in helping the veterans and how she found her passion in helping out the community.
- 01:40- An ironic and funny life journey of Monica
- 05:15- Diagnosed with stage IV Lymphoma cancer
- 07:06- Monica transitioned from security to helping veterans
- 10:21- Sickness opened Monica's eyes to so much more
- 11:41- Permitting to seek a passion
- 13:09- Monica found herself as an advocate
- 16:53- How does Veterans Transition Services of America work?
- You don't have to have boots on the ground combat to help. As long as you have the passion for what you do, you can advocate for the veteran community.
- Veterans Transition Services of America walk through veterans to find and utilize available resources in transition.
- Look at how to help the families because family members are just as important as the veteran.
- “Just being sick in the hospital opened my eyes to so much more, and so my passion is to help other veterans get on their feet so that they can help themselves and they don't feel they're lost.”- Monica
- “There's so much that you can get that veterans don't realize they're entitled to. People don't recognize that family members are just as significant as the veteran too.”-Monica
- “Yes, I am a female, I don't have boots on the ground in combat, but I was the one who helped them get what they're doing. Now, I utilized that to be an advocate for veterans.”- Monica
Buy Veteran Wealth Secrets on Amazon!
Connect with Scott R. Tucker on LinkedIn!