Let us celebrate patriotism with Dean Wegner, the Founder & CEO of Authentically American, a Veteran owned, American-made premium apparel brand, who believes in the American worker, and honors our American heroes. Prescribed to the theory of “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.”
- 02:05- Dean Wegner's life and incredible experiences
- 03:24- Why be an entrepreneur?
- 04:51- Authentically American mission and passion for job creation
- 05:35- Do veterans well suited to be an entrepreneur?
- 07:20- Dean’s Mantra of “It's not what you know, it’s who you know”
- 09:37- What works in networking to grow your brand?
- 15:00- Traditional marketing strategy and leveraging social media platforms
- 16:30- Dean's personal and professional vision three years from now
- 17:35- Sweat-activated print innovation of Authentically American T-shirt
- Entrepreneurship is not for everybody in the military because a business will start on a blank sheet of paper, so it's not for someone who relies on SOP or structures.
- To be successful in entrepreneurship, you have to put planning, discipline in a different context, use creative thinking and problem-solving together.
- Invest in people and relationships, because success in this modern economy is not about what you know, but it’s who you know.
- “You'll have incredible experiences out there, but why not go on your own? It boils down to an opportunity to create jobs, an opportunity to make a difference, and ultimately an opportunity to leave a legacy.” - Dean Wegner
- “Networking implies more about the relationship, the key is not just investing with people, but it's the follow-up after.”- Dean Wegner
- “Ultimately, a few years from now, people will recognize our brand with the incredible product experience they'll have.”- Dean Wegner
FREE! - Get the First 3 Chapters of Veteran Wealth Secrets
FREE eBook Veteran Retirement Rescue - Avoid the Coming Retirement Crisis!
Connect with Scott R. Tucker on LinkedIn!