Veteran Wealth Secrets 17 with Christopher Butler - Listen, Learn, Be Humble
Today we will have Christopher Butler, a United States Army Veteran and Operations Manager of Asurion, to share insights about connecting with the military community, how he tackled his life in this modern economy, his employment success in the civilian world, and much more.
- 01:19- What's life like for Christopher Butler after his transition?
- 03:21- The shift from military to the civilian world in the tech perspective.
- 06:15- Christopher’s epiphany
- 08:50- How does veteran network via Linkedin helped Christoper in his post-military life?
- 11:36- Strategies in reaching out that leads to employment success.
- 16:50- Christopher’s life with his leadership role in Asurion.
- 21:30- What's next for Christopher in the next three years.
3 Key Points:
- Do not be afraid to look like a clueless person. Take a step back with your ego and ask questions.
- Networking and reaching out to people help to lead to your job.
- Start early in making connections and finding what people did that might fit your goals and what you wanted to do when you get out of the military.
- “Every connection you make can set off a chain reaction that may lead you to a job.” - Christopher Butler
- “There's a business for literally everything, and there are so many options out there you just need to know the resources.”- Christopher Butler
FREE! - Get the First 3 Chapters of Veteran Wealth Secrets
FREE eBook Veteran Retirement Rescue - Avoid the Coming Retirement Crisis!
Connect with Scott R. Tucker on LinkedIn!