I just had the most amazing hour chatting with Melissa Hemsley. We talked about everything from her IVF journey and, in particular, the highs and lows that come with IVF to her favourite recipes and how she loves using up everything in the fridge - nothing goes to waste! We have renamed leftovers "rollovers" because it sounds nicer, and how could one say no to a freestyle family fritter. Melissa talked about the beginning of her career and what got her into cooking, and also her love for charity work. I can’t wait to get her back on the show! What a lovely way to start a Wednesday morning.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram @mybabainsta and @mybabagram
Freestyle Fritters - https://www.melissahemsley.com/freestyle-fritters
If you are worried about having ADHD check out https://www.adhdfoundation.org.uk
The Felix Project https://www.adhdfoundation.org.uk
Noodle Recipe: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrKxnrUolTH/?igshid=ZjE2NGZiNDQ=
This is quick & packed with veg (cavolo nero/cauliflower/kale) & loads of ginger & garlic to liven up your week I think of this as a fridge raid noodle dish as whether it’s cauli, broccoli, cabbage or sprouts, it’s all delicious
Extra delicious with kimchi or sauerkraut plus pop a fried egg on top too if you like or some golden mushrooms too.
1. Make the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar or blitz in a food processor if you like your sauces smoother
2. Cook your fave noodles to the packet instructions then drain & toss with a little oil to stop them sticking.
3. Meanwhile toast your cashews in a large frying pan & set aside. Then in same pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee & fry the chopped cauliflower florets plus the finely chopped leaves on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stir every minute or so until just tender & going golden at the edges. Add some sea salt and a little splash of water<
4. While the cauli is cooking, chop the cavolo nero or kale leaves & add to the cauliflower pan for a few minutes, turning up the heat, adding a splash of water if sticking.
5. Add the noodles & dressing to the frying pan, toss well quickly until hot through. Season to taste off the heat & serve with a fried egg on each bowl plus kimchi
Kitchen faves for this: @riverford for veg and eggs @clearspring for tamari and sesame oil @kingsobanoodleculture for noodles @maldonsalt always
What is My Baba?
My Baba provides the daily scoop on family, food and lifestyle - we’re not just experts at all things parenting.
The Content on this podcast is provided by My Baba and represents our sole opinions and views. For more information on our terms and conditions please refer to the website: https://www.mybaba.com/terms-conditions/