Jenny Maxwell, Guest
Title of Episode: The Beauty of Balance and Belonging
Summary of Podcast:
Jenny is learning (again and again) how to balance her own time and energy. While having the best of intentions for creating a life she thought she wanted, by truly re-evaluating her own day (while being in LinkedIn jail) she was gently guided to the perspective she needed.
Ahhh, life's journey. The journey of balance and belonging. Thank goodness we aren’t intended to do this alone!!
The guest contact info:
Facebook + Instagram: Jenny M Coaching
1.Jenny moved to the US from Dublin Ireland 11 years ago with her 2 sons and husband. She is also a Personal Development Coach.
2. Re- discovering life's purpose though coaching changed her life.
3. Showing up a certain way on LinkedIn at first too, now realizes that she just needs to show up as herself and then people who like you will find you.
4. Jenny is fun and full of life and realized she can let go of people she isn’t fitting in with.
5. Glitches in LinkedIn platform as of late. Was sent to LinkedIn jail.
6. The worries at first of not responding to posts or losing people by not posting. Slave to the algorithm. You don’t need to post every day. Stay true to yourself.
7. Jenny with her 3000+ followers on LinkedIn, felt she wouldn’t matter to the heads of LI when she tried to get clarity as to why she was jailed. Her son showed her she did matter regardless of her account size. ‘You can always write a bad review’. Smart kid.
8. Time away gave her time to reevaluate how much time and energy she was giving LinkedIn. Where's the balance?
9. Her intention was good, to build something, no shaming, being gentle with herself. Evaluate and slow down. Don’t have to do ALL of this.
10. You can choose or not choose to pay attention.What do you think is missing?
11. What would I talk about if this was a post? Small changes make a big impact.
12. Futurescaping and in order to experience abundance we have to notice it.
13. Jenny will keep her clover and her Irish flags in her LI name and risk being slung in the slammer again. :)
14. Recovering people pleaser, does she feel the pressure to belong? Self imposed pressure. Constant comparisons of the kids starting at birth.
15. Son didn’t sleep for 5 years, colic, postpartum depression for 18 months.
16. Always feeling less than… (Girl!! Who can’t relate to this)?!
17. Belonging, conforming changed when she started volunteering in her community and it became about what does someone ELSE need.
18. Be yourself. We all belong. We are all worthy of happiness.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.