Hour 1 of The Dawn Stensland Show:
- 21-year-old Jailene Holton has been identified as the victim of a senseless, deadly shooting at a Northeast Philadelphia Bar on Tuesday night. Holton was rushed to Jefferson Hospital but did not survive. According to police, a disgruntled customer who had been asked to leave the bar for being disruptive fired fifteen shots into the restaurant.
- The Pennsylvania House continues to push towards impeachment proceedings for District Attorney Larry Krasner—and, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, will attempt to pass a resolution that would give an investigative committee the authority to search Krasner’s office.
- Three teens brutally attacked and robbed a father in Philadelphia on Friday night. Police now have the suspects in custody.
- The men responsible for shooting and killing two intruders at their South Philadelphia home are being held in police custody—police are questioning their claims of self-defense.
- On Tuesday, Philadelphia officials announced that developers intend to invest $6 billion into the city’s Navy Yard. Officials estimate that the investment will result in thousands of new jobs, as well as affordable housing.
- Al-Ashraf Basem Khalil has been arrested and charged with arson for a North Philadelphia building fire that claimed the life of firefighter Sean Williamson.
- According to reports, a new, more dangerous version of Omicron may be beginning to spread in New York. Researchers believe the BA.5 subvariant of COVID-19 targets lungs and the upper respiratory system of those infected.