We recently did a Twitter live session with Amit Grover, the Head - Learning & Development, DSP Mutual Fund on the right way to invest in Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS) or tax-saving mutual funds. When you invest in an ELSS mutual fund, you can claim a tax deduction on investments up to Rs 1.5 lakhs and you can save up to Rs ₹46,800 in taxes.
In this chat, Amit answers:
- What are ELSS funds and how do they work
- For how long should you invest in an ELSS mutual fund
- ELSS funds vs other tax saving options like PPF, tax-saving fixed deposits etc
- How to analyse an ELSS fund
- The important factors to keep in mind when choosing an ELSS mutual fund
You can visit Coin to explore ELSS Funds.
If you have any questions about investing in ELSS Mutual Funds, you can post your queries here and we'll answer them. You can keep track of all the live weekly Coin Chats on Twitter.