Hello stepparents! For the last 2 weeks I’ve discussed the loyalty conflict that occurs for a stepchild between you, their stepparent, and their other bio parent, your partner’s ex.
This week we’re delving deeper into the root cause of what effects your stepchild’s behavior. Find the show notes for this episode at synergisticstepparenting.com/17.
- Disruptive Communication Patterns in Stepparenting.
- Why Blowing Up and Punishing Your Stepchild Doesn’t Work – Science.
- Stepparents Want Connection Because as Humans We are Wired for It.
- An Unexpected Response is More Effective at Improving Your Stepchild’s Behavior.
- 5 Benefits of Responding Unexpectedly in Stepparenting and How to Do It.
- Dr. Dan Siege's hand model of the brain presentation. Found here.
* Notes: How to leave a review on Apple Podcasts