In this episode of Jump Start Your Joy, I’m so excited to welcome Heather Hall, a transformative Leadership Coach, strategic Executive Coach, and evocative Spiritual Director whom I met through CLCC. She’s also the author of Step Up and Stand Out: 20 Tips for Aspiring Introverted Leaders. Heather helps aspiring introverted leaders, and their managers, connect with their voices and values to bring their ideas and vision to life. I hope that you enjoy this episode about stepping up and standing out for introverts with Heather Hall.
In this episode, Heather and I discuss:
- What is an introvert, extrovert, and ambivert? What goes on inside the mind of an introvert?
- How discussions around “following your passions” puts pressure on introverts to prove themselves or go for something seemingly larger than life.
- The corporate world was created by extroverts for extroverts. So, how do you navigate leadership as an introvert?
- Why Heather wrote Step Up and Stand Out and the lessons she’s learned throughout her corporate career.
- How workplace boundaries can improve your quality of life, your relationships with co-workers, and even prevent burnout.
- The power of saying “tell me more” before accepting opportunities or new commitments.
- Tips and advice for transitioning from a specialist role to a leadership-focused management role.
- How introverts give away their power at work and how to fully own your introverted skillset without people-pleasing or perfectionism.
- Networking, collaborating, and creating effective partnerships with extroverts.
- How to cultivate more joy in life.
Heather Hall’s website: Discover with Heather
Step Up and Stand Out: 20 Tips for Aspiring Introverted Leaders by Heather Hall
Connect with Heather on LinkedIn
ClaimPodParity List and Website
Love the show, and what to show your support?
Buy me a cup of coffee, and I'll give you a shout out on the next episode.