I'm delighted to have guest Tami Hackbarth back for a second interview on Jump Start Your Joy. Tami is the host of a hundred percent guilt-free self-care podcast, and she runs a very successful coaching business where she works with women to help them define and follow up with self care. In this conversation, we're talking about taking the best care of yourself by addressing "deferred maintenance."
In this episode, Tami and I talk about:
- how to approach deferred maintenance.
- what happens when you leave things unattended in your life, and how they can cause problems when they are not addressed. These can include getting the right amount of sleep, or getting basic checkups for your health.
- that taking care of the basics honors our future senior citizen selves, as it allows us to remain healthy and independent as we age.
- how our bodies change as we enter our 30s and beyond, and how it's important to intentionally make time and space for our own daily care
- the decline in muscle mass that all women experience after age 30
- what's brought us joy in the last year: unexpected laughing, spending time outside, and swimming. I share that I have been enjoying Cobra Kai and Ted Lasso.
Tami's Deferred Maintenance program (sign up here)
Tami Hackbarth’s website
100% Guilt Free Self Care Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Tami on Instagram
Tami's first interview on JSYJ
Subscribe to JSYJ on YouTube