In this episode of Jump Start Your Joy, I am interviewing William J. Peters. He is the founder of the Shared Crossing Project and the director of its research initiative. He is the author of the new book, "At Heaven's Door: What Shared Journeys to the Afterlife Teach about Dying Well and Living Better." Recognized as a global leader in the field of shared death studies, he has spent decades studying end of life experiences. He is a practicing grief and bereavement therapist, and he holds degrees from Harvard and UC Berkeley. In this interview, we are talking about understanding shared death experiences.
Read the show notes on my website.
In this episode, William J. Peters and I discuss
- the definition of The Shared Death Experience
- Near Death Experiences
- An NDE (near death experience) that occured to William in his teenage years
- His new book, "At Heaven's Door"
- The research he has done on death, dying, and shared death experiences
- My own personal story of a shared death experience
- The work he does with the Shared Crossing Project
- How understanding death, dying, and shared death experiences can allow more comfort in your life
- The three ways he jump starts joy in his life: be kind to yourself, do what you love in life, helping other people
At Heaven's Door (the book) by William J. Peters
The Shared Crossing Project
Love the show, and what to show your support?
Buy me a cup of coffee, and I'll give you a shout out on the next episode.