When is a good time to start preparing your kids for College?
Today we have a special guest who’s sharing her tips on how she prepared her daughter for college, while being a single mama and working a full time job. No matter how busy you are, there’s always time to prepare your child for success.
So go grab your drinks, pop in those earphones -especially if you have little ears around, and let’s dive right into Episode # 71
- How old is your daughter?
- What College does she go to?
- Did she go to a private high school or public school?
- Was she one of those children who quickly thrived in school?
- Why was it important to you to plant the idea of College?
- Was not going to College an option?
- At what age did you start having conversations about College with her?
- How did you get her interested in College?
- What were your steps for preparing your daughter for the College in...
- Elementary School?
- Middle School?
- High School?
- Do you feel like she still was able to enjoy being a kid and do extra curricular activities or was it only about her academics? How do you recommend finding a good Balance?
- How did she decide which College she wanted to go to?
- Can you explain the application process?
- Do you believe it's the parents responsibility to cover the cost of College?
- How does someone apply for financial aid?
- Do you recommend student loans?
- Did she receive any Grants & Scholarships?
- When should our children start applying for Scholarships?
- Do you recommend the Dorm life experience?
- How do you feel about students working while going to school?
- Having gone through this whole experience, is there anything you learned along the way that you would've done differently to prepare her for College?
This Episodes SHOWNOTES and LINKS mentioned:
Tune in every week for a mixture of topics on Parenting, Relationships, Self Care, Health & Fitness, Business, & Personal Growth.
We appreciate you Subscribing, Liking, Commenting, Reviewing, and Sharing us with your Mom friends.
Chat with us on...