Waymo's driverless rides in San Francisco, Elon Musk's possible intentions for Twitter's quality, searching for a good dash cam, verifying links on Mastodon, next steps when an iMac starts up slow, buying a docking station for a MacBook Air, and more! Plus, hanging out with Sam, Chris, and Rod!
- Alphabet's Waymo recently got San Francisco's permission to provide driverless rides around the city. Waymo can't charge for those rides, though.
- Tech companies continue to lay off many employees that they originally hired during their pandemic growth.
- Twitter is a disaster right now, but Elon Musk may be intentionally driving it into the ground in order to get out of his unwanted situation.
- What is a good dash cam, other than Owlcam, for keeping track of car accidents?
- Sam Abuelsamid describes Waymo & Geely's upcoming "transportation-as-a-service" electric vehicle.
- How can I properly verify myself on Mastodon via the HTML it asks me to paste?
- If my 2017 iMac is slow to start up, should I completely erase the drive, ask for a repair, or look for a new Mac?
- Ben is building a Linux-from-scratch install and Leo is very impressed!
- Chris Marquardt chats about Lexica, DreamBooth, Astria, and AI Painter.
- What's a great docking station for an M1 MacBook Air in order to avoid dongle life?
- When moving to another country, how do I transport my financial stuff securely and efficiently?
- What is the future of cryptocurrency and regulation after this recent FTX fiasco?
- Rod Pyle talks about the Artemis 1 launch.
- What kind of laptop specs should be sufficient for editing hi-res 4K video?
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Sam Abuelsamid, Chris Marquardt, and Rod Pyle
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Show notes and links for this episode are available at: https://twit.tv/shows/ask-the-tech-guys/episodes/1946
Download or subscribe to this show at: https://twit.tv/shows/ask-the-tech-guys