This was not an easy episode to put out into the world because it’s hard to show the struggle when you are running a business. It may be ego or the fear that we may lose opportunities if people hear about the struggle. I believe in transparency and hope you enjoy my sharing a little bit about the struggles in my first year of business.
Topics I discuss:
- How I left my job in April to start a new business, but I failed to prioritize it and instead focused on my kids and activities with them.
- My history of not following through with goals and not enjoying goal-setting, but this year I plan to break this pattern by following a proven process provided by the book Living Your Best Year Ever
- How I realized I was more disciplined and successful in the past, specifically in 2020 and 2021, and I am determined to get back to that level of focus and productivity.
- My main priorities in 2023 will be taking action and living life instead of getting sucked into distractions like social media and videos.
- I am going to be focusing on the concept of "Living like a Savage" and trying to apply it to my life, which means being relentless, disciplined, and determined.
Pillars of Resisting Beta:
- Delaying of gratification
- Acceptance of responsibility
- Dedication to truth
- Embracing discomfort
- Following a process, w/o worrying about the results
- Sharing the adventures of becoming a better man
We are on a mission to cut male suicide in half by 2032! Subscribe to the ResistingBeta podcast to follow our journey and learn from the top mental, spiritual, and physical health experts.
@ResistingBeta on Tiktok and Instagram