Today's episode is a solocast where I document the steps I took in the first year after my divorce and what resources I used to turn my life around.
Topics I discuss:
- Stuck in self-fulling stories
- The internal dialogue that fed my victim mentality
- Sought external validation seeking stories that positioned me as the victim and her as the villain
- My competitive nature worked against me. I needed to win. She needed to lose.
- My ego and unhealthy bruised bravado caused me to act childish
- Fear of being alone allowed me to sacrifice who I was.
- I had a fear of being accepted.
- Tried to be the man someone else wanted me to be and not the man I know I am
- I was aware of what I was doing
- I took ownership of my part
- Told myself different stories
- Surrounded me with healthy friends outside of the relationship that wasn’t jaded
- Lived each day in gratitude
- Built my confidence with mental and physical fitness
- Kept promises to me
- Mental - Purposely did things that were uncomfortable
- Cold showers
- Challenge doing something new every day - Daily Stoic
- 100 Days of waking up before sunrise and journaling
- 100 Days of working out in a row for at least 7 minutes
- Started A Tiktok Channel
- Practiced moments of being my authentic self and risking the fear of judgment or ridicule
- Practiced Stoicism
- The Miracle Morning
- Focused on Boosting My Testosterone
- Slow Carb Diet - the 4-Hour Body
- Spending time in nature
- Consumed Ownership type messaging
- Focused on embracing an Alpha Mindset
Pillars of Resisting Beta:
- Delaying of gratification
- Acceptance of responsibility
- Dedication to truth
- Embracing discomfort
- Following a process, w/o worrying about the results
- Sharing the adventures of becoming a better man
We are on a mission to cut male suicide in half by 2032! Subscribe to the ResistingBeta podcast to follow our journey and learn from the top mental, spiritual, and physical health experts.
@ResistingBeta on Tiktok and Instagram